The Government is seeking views on their proposals for a radically new building and fire safety system which puts residents’ safety at its heart.
We would like to include your comment in this consultation and invite you to consider how this may affect Asset/Compliance Managers.
The consultation builds on the recommendations from Dame Judith Hackitt’s Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety. It proposes fundamental reform of building safety requirements so that residents are safe, and feel safe, in their homes.
The proposals span 5 broad areas:
- the scope of the new regime
- the concept of duty holders who have clear responsibilities throughout a building’s design, construction and occupation
- giving residents a stronger voice in the system and ensuring their concerns are never ignored
- plans for a new building safety regulator to provide oversight of the new building safety regulatory regime
- strengthened enforcement and sanctions to deter non-compliance with the new regime
We propose submitting a response to this consultation and invite comments from members who have expertise in this area and have studied the consultation documents. In its capacity as a professional body, the ASCP will confine itself to only addressing those questions that are within its area(s) of competence.
The deadline for responding to this consultation is 24 July 2019. Please send your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org.