News

St Ives woman dies of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

A woman has died in a suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in west Cornwall, the county’s fire service has said. Three dogs also died at the property in Bedford Road in St Ives. Firefighters were called at 08:45 GMT. Police, Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service and the Health and Safety Executive are now carrying out an […]

Launch of new Level 2 VRQ in Gas Safety Awareness for front line social housing staff

Launch of new VRQ qualification by CORGI to raise gas safety awareness for front line social housing staff A new Level 2 VRQ (Vocationally Related Qualification) has been launched by CORGI Technical Services and EAL (Excellence Achievement Learning Ltd) specifically for front line social housing staff to help raise their awareness of gas safety issues. […]

Traditional male role challenged by first female VRQ success!

Karen Hughes, Maintenance Administrator of Cymdeithas Tai Eryri gave a glowing testimonial for the VRQ in Gas Safety Management in Social Housing: “As a woman, working in a traditionally male role, I feel very honoured having achieved the qualification.  I now have improved knowledge and understanding, enabling me to successfully carry out my role within […]

First candidate to complete Gas Safety VRQ!

CORGI announce first successful candidate to complete new VRQ in Gas Safety Management in Social Housing is Darren Fountain of Incommunities CORGI Technical Services Ltd has announced that the first person to successfully complete the new VRQ in Gas Safety Management in Social Housing is Gas Servicing Manager Darren Fountain of Incommunities. Set up jointly […]