Boiler Bouy – Condense bypass valve.

Home Forums Main Forum Boiler Bouy – Condense bypass valve.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kim Morris 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

lloyd_cosway
    Participant

I have come across a product that will be useful in the event of any cold snaps similar to the weather events earlier this year.

Check the following link:
    Boiler Bouy

I am not affiliated to this product but just checking if anyone has fitted these to their housing stock?

Kim Morris

Lloyd, I have no experience with this particular product although I am aware that it is available and could in certain circumstances be very useful to keep the boiler operational should the condense freeze. We need to be mindful that the big freeze of 2010 unearth many issues with location of condense pipes particularly when located externally, hopefully and maybe wishful thinking these potential problems should now have been addressed and therefore reduced the risk of freezing. I also would like to refer you to HHIC and in particular the publication “Installer Guide:Condensate discharge pipe installation” (October 2018 Issue 1) which offers sound and practical guidance when it comes to installing boiler condensate discharge pipes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.