Discing of Gas Meters

Home Forums Main Forum Discing of Gas Meters

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Trevor Percy 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Trevor Percy
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m getting an increased number of residents that are requesting there gas is left disced following an inspection as they use other forms of heating/hot water and do not wish to use the gas and do not wish to put credit on the meter to test the appliances they don’t use.

What are you doing to overcome this issue in addition to the vulnerability checks etc.

Are you just doing an annual LGSR to ensure the meter is still disced and recording on the LGSR, or are you un-discing putting credit on the meter and carrying out an appliance check and re-discing ?.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Trevor.

Peter Sandry
    Participant

Trevor

We too have an increasing number of these and as you suggest we continue the annual cycle to ensure the meter still has the disc inserted. The asset components are logged as capped on the LGSR, Housing Management and Servicing Databases, a label is also attached to the meter to prompt if AN. Other or the supplier attend to reinstate supplies there is a reason for the disc. We are yet to find any properties that have been reinstated without us undertaking the work.

We would also not give tenant permission to have their meter removed as in most cases the combi will be the only heat and hot water source. A tenant can chose not to use the provision but we will not be responsible for the provision being removed completely as removal of gas meter would imply.

Pete

Trevor Percy
    Participant

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the positive response.

I like the idea of attaching a label to the meter, is this something you’ve produced and could you share a copy of your label as I’d like to do something similar.

Have you ever locked off the ecv to stop a reconnection in addition to the disc?

Thanks for sharing.

Trevor.

Peter Sandry
    Participant

Trevor

I will ask our gas team for a copy of the warning label, if I can have an email address to forward. I am not aware of any operatives locking off an ECV, as technically not our property, we do however have a few that have been locked off by suppliers. We would still undertake annual inspection on these.

Cheers

Pete

Trevor Percy
    Participant

Hi Peter,

That would be great, my address is trevor.percy@sovereign.org.uk

Thanks for your support, Trevor.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.