Gas safety certificates & Section 21 – be compliant or you may pay the price – L

Home Forums Main Forum Gas safety certificates & Section 21 – be compliant or you may pay the price – L

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michele Stinson
    Keymaster

On behalf of Kevin O’Neill, can anyone help with this query?

The link below relates to a court case recently. I’m interested to know what Gas documents are provided at the start of a new tenancy by other organisations. At Halton Housing, we cap off all void properties and produce the cap off certificate as part of the sign up, but this is not sufficient if we want to evict using section 21 (housing act) to which our Tenancy team are trying to use.

https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.landlordaction.co.uk%2fnews%2fgas-safety-certificates-section-21-be-compliant-or-you-may-pay-the-price%2f&c=E,1,OZZt4fn1-2NlQk-X51geS4ZROIxo6DN4iySMci66f1W1v-5E6D90lrmuiI1qsKOybefoRwL-TnnByxyhclE0OchCXBJazjmA_0huHJa0U7YmWlUgRQ,,&typo=1

Any help is much appreciated!

Michele
    AGSM

Chris Feeney
    Participant

Hi Michelle

When the property becomes void we cap the property off. On the final day of void we carry out an LGSR this then resets our service date and is given to the tennant as part of the sign up pack.

Michele Stinson
    Keymaster

Thanks Chris! Anyone else??

Alison Silverback
    Participant

Hi Michelle, we do the same as Chris, cap off on void and then carry out an uncap and instruct on the day the new tenant moves in which resets our service date. The tenant is then given a copy of that LGSR

Alison Silverback
    Participant

Hi Michelle, we currently provide the gas cap certificate to the tenant at sign up and carry out an uncap and instruct on the day the tenant moves in, the LGSR is issued for that day and it resets our service date. I would be interested in more info on this as the article states ‘last gas safety certificate’ so clarification on the use of the void gas cap certificate would be welcome.

Michele Stinson
    Keymaster

Thanks Alison. I have made a note and I’ll see if the CORGI TSMs can respond now – or something to discuss at the AGSM Technical Meetings in February and March.

Michele Stinson
    Keymaster

Thanks Alison. I have made a note and I’ll see if the CORGI TSMs can respond now – or something to discuss at the AGSM Technical Meetings in February and March.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.