LGSR access procedure

Home Forums Main Forum LGSR access procedure

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Trevor Batt 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Alan White
    Participant

Hi can any member’s assist. My issue concerns access to allow LGSR’s. As an ALMO we carryout an access procedure which results in 4 appointment letters from our contractor plus three RLO visits and then a further letter from the client which takes 36 days before commencing the legal process.
    Does any member carry out a less arduous procedure before legal process?
    Thanks in advance

Trevor Batt

Alan

From experience working with a number of RSLs that is at the top end of number of the number of visits across the sector. There is no stipulated level of calls or visits, you would just have to show you took “reasonable steps” to try and gain entry to carry out the service.

As an average I would say there would be two contractor attempts and then two further letters from the landlord. Interspersed in the process would be phone calls and visits from landlord staff that should all be recorded.

I am sure others will be able to give you specifics of their processes as opposed to my overview.

Hope that helps

Trevor

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.