This qualification builds sufficient awareness of the 6 key areas of compliance enabling individuals to support those responsible for compliance management. It is delivered at a non-technical level, making it the ideal qualification for those working in, or new to, asset compliance.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is designed specifically for those who are involved in asset compliance activities within their organisation, or those looking to move into this area.
What will the outcomes be?
This qualification will enable the learner to gain a basic understanding of the legal responsibilities and requirements of gas, electrical, fire, legionella and asbestos safety and compliance within rented residential accommodation, and their importance in maintaining the safety of tenants and assets.
Learners will gain a suitable level of knowledge of compliance requirements to enable them to contextualise their own work within the team and carry out their compliance support activities effectively.
What experience and qualifications are needed to take the course?
No formal entry requirements are needed for this course. Anyone working in the rented accommodation sector and those involved in supporting asset compliance activities in their organisation will benefit from this course. This course is also suitable for anyone wishing to move into a compliance support role who have no prior knowledge of this subject.
How is the course delivered?
This course consists of a half day training event followed by an assessment via a multiple-choice paper in the afternoon.
• Fire safety
An explanation of fire risk assessments and their application
• Asbestos awareness
Understanding the risks of asbestos and associated safety requirements
• Assessing risk from legionella
An overview of legionella risk management and control responsibilities
• Lift Safety
Understanding key legislation and guidance for lift safety compliance
• Electrical Compliance
Understanding existing legislation and guidance for electrical safety compliance
• Gas Safety
An outline of regulations and requirements for gas safety and compliance
Course dates for the CORGI Level 2 VRQ in Asset and building Compliance awareness are:-
- Manchester – 17th September 2019
- Bristol – 26th September 2019
- Edinburgh – 10th October 2019
- Newcastle – 10th October 2019
- Birmingham – 17th October 2019
- Glasgow – 31st October 2019
- London – 12th November 2019
- Manchester – 14th November 2019
- Leeds – 28th November 2019
- Glasgow – 15th January 2020
- Manchester – 22nd January 2020
- Bristol – 29th January 2020
- London – 18th February 2020
- Leeds – 20th February 2020
- Birmingham – 26th February 2020
- Belfast – 17th March 2020
- Edinburgh – 24th March 2020
- Manchester – 16th April 2020
- Bristol – 22nd April 2020
- London – 28th April 2020
- Glasgow – 5th May 2020
- Leeds – 14th May 2020
- Birmingham – 24th June 2020
- Bristol – 25th June 2020
- London – 14th July 2020
- Manchester – 16th July 2020
- Belfast – 21st July 2020
- Birmingham – 8th September 2020
- Bristol – 23rd September 2020
- Leeds – 24th September 2020
- London – 8th October 2020
- Manchester – 13th October 2020
- Glasgow – 10th November 2020
Please check back regularly for up-to-date training dates. If the published dates are not convenient for you, please contact us to discuss your requirements. We can also run courses at your premises subject to minimum numbers.