Demonstrate your knowledge of electrical safety management in Social Housing with a nationally recognised qualification
Do you need a greater understanding of electrical safety to enable you to carry out your role?
Would a professional qualification show your commitment to electrical safety?
The Level 4 VRQ Certificate in Electrical Safety Management in Social Housing has been designed for management in social housing who have responsibility for the safety of electrical appliances and installations in their tenants’ properties. It builds an understanding of electrical dangers, landlord responsibilities and legislation, in particular the Electricity at Work Regulations, IET Wiring Regulations and the Health & Safety at Work Act.
Who is the qualification for?
The qualification is for anyone in Social Housing responsible for electrical safety management, including those who may not have an electrical background or technical qualification but need to have a good understanding of electrical issues. These roles might include Asset Manager, Mechanical & Electrical Manager, FM Manager, Contract Manager, Cyclical Works Manager, Compliance Manager, Technical Safety Officer/Manager or people wishing to progress their career opportunities.
The Level 4 VRQ Certificate in Electrical Safety Management in Social Housing is a one day guided learning event taken by experienced tutors, followed by self-study modules and the development of a portfolio. The qualification can be completed at your own pace, normally within twelve months.
The qualification consists of five units:
- Statutory and Non-Statutory Requirements
To achieve a good appreciation of statutory and non-statutory requirements relevant to electrical equipment, installations and maintenance
- Understanding Circuits, Definitions, Installation Methods and Classification Types
Encompasses the knowledge required to reduce the possibility of electrical shocks
- Procedure for the In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
An understanding of the principles and reasons for the in-house inspection and testing of electrical installations and equipment.
- Managing Electrics in Social Housing
An understanding of the requirements of a manager who is responsible for managing electrical operatives in the field.
- Electrical Safety and Responsibilities
Covers the responsibilities a manager might encounter to ensure electrical safety is not compromised
Course dates for the Level 4 VRQ Certificate in Electrical Safety Management in Social Housing are:
- Glasgow – 22nd October 2019
- Bristol – 9th October 2019
- Leeds – 6th November 2019
- Birmingham – 12th November 2019
- London – 14th November 2019
- Manchester – 3rd December 2019
- Bristol – 28th January 2020
- Birmingham – 4th February 2020
- London – 6th February 2020
- Glasgow – 25th February 2020
- Leeds – 9th April 2020
- Bristol – 28th April 2020
- Birmingham – 12th May 2020
- London – 16th June 2020
- Bristol – 7th July 2020
- Birmingham – 29th September 2020
- Bristol – 14th October 2020
- Edinburgh – 20th October 2020
- London – 27th October 2020
Please check back regularly for up-to-date training dates. If the published dates are not convenient for you, please contact us to discuss your requirements. We can also run courses at your premises subject to minimum numbers.
The course costs £1395 + VAT
Download the datasheet for the Electrical Level 4 VRQ HERE!
To download our PROSPECTUS or BOOKING FORM click here
To find out more please call: 01256 548040
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please go to the Electrical Students pages HERE for Technical Information to support you in your studies. You will need a password and login to access these pages.