Hull City Council’s team leader for access is exploring options to charge tenants for failed access. They have asked me if I could put the below questions out to members of the ASCP to gain an insight into other organisations approach.
• How do you recover legal / admin costs for non-access Gas Servicing where a warrant is requested or executed?
• Do you implement a fine/charge that is added to the rent account?
• Do you invoice the costs separately to the offending tenant?
• Is the cost charged a nominal fee or is it billed in full?
• Do you try to recover unpaid charges through a county court judgement?
• What is your success of recovering costs for access?
• Are you of the opinion that it is worth pursuing or not taking into account the administration required to recover costs?